Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 15, 2012

Swim Lessons=Huge success

The boys just completed 2 weeks of swim lessons and I think we are ready for a water-filled summer.  Marco has had lessons in the past, but none like these.  At the end of the 2 week session the instructor assured us that both boys would be swimming and jumping off the diving board and swimming to the opposite end of the pool. I was a little skeptical at first because although I was pretty sure Marco would be able to do that, Joaquin has never had a lesson before in his life. But he did great and on the last day he even dove off the board into a hula hoop and retrieved a toy off the bottom of the pool. 
Joaquin getting ready for his decent.


And there he goes!

Marco was not so sure about the diving part.  I think his brain just goes into overdrive sometimes and he gets himself all worked up.  But he did jump off and swim down to the bottom

And Camila was just happy to sit on the side and watch.  She is not a huge fan of the water right now, but we are working on that.


Marco doing the backstroke

The swim class.  Too bad Marco is hiding behind the instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment