Yea!! Marco lost his first tooth. And who knew it would be such an ordeal. A couple of weeks ago I noticed one of his bottom teeth shifting and lo and behold his permanent tooth was coming in behind the baby one. After hearing a story about this happening to a friend of ours, (and that little boy had to go to the dentist to get his pulled) I made up my mind that we would get this thing out the good old fashion way…… wiggling the heck out of it. Marco was very hesitant at first to let Hector or I even touch it, much less give it a slight wiggle. He would show us how he wiggled it, but I suspected his hand was moving more than the tooth was. So after about a week of this I decided that we needed to take action. We even got to the point of having a string tied around the tooth and the back door, but Marco just couldn’t follow through with slamming the door and I didn’t want to traumatize him by doing it myself after I already promised that I would let him do it at his own pace. So Friday morning I was on my 3rd wiggle (Marco was letting me have 5 wiggles after each morning and nighttime brushing) and I really felt like I could just pull that thing right out. But we were already late for school so I told him we would try again after lunch. And wouldn’t you know, after lunch on the 2nd try I got that tooth right out. When I did, he didn’t even realize it. I had to hold it up and show it to him. Hopefully him realizing that losing a tooth doesn’t really hurt all that bad and that the bleeding is minimal will help with future loose teeth. (that, and the fact that the tooth fairy left him a dollar and later that day we got Rita’s Italian ice as a treat)
He was very proud of the new hole in his mouth. Everywhere we went, he would smile at people and ask if something looked different about him. The funny part is, he would do this to random people like the lady behind the counter at Rita’s who had no clue he just lost the tooth hours before.
This shot almost doesn’t even look like he lost a tooth because you can see the permanent one so well.



No comments:
Post a Comment