Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Train Costumes

Joaquin possesses a love for trains that Marco never really had at his age. So this year J wanted to be Thomas the Train. I just couldn't make myself pay $20 for a cheap Thomas tunic, so I decided to make one. I saw this idea on a crafty blog and just had to replicate it. Plus it was so easy to do, I ended up making a James costume as well. (James was actually easier to make because my apron was already red) FYI for anyone wanting to try this, I used the aprons you get free when you do the Lowe’s build and grow kid workshops.

IMG_3025 IMG_3028

Marco is just modeling James for the picture. He is actually going to be the black Spiderman this year. And yes, I did end up buying his costume ($12) because I figured trying to make it(mask and all) would have cost more. Plus, when they are 5 it is harder to convince them of your wonderful ideas. :)

IMG_3030

1 comment:

  1. These are adorable! They look better than the ones I've seen in stores.

    ReplyDelete