This year the boys actually helped with the pumpkin carving. They helped scoop out the inside and got to choose the design they wanted from a template book we had. We also roasted the pumpkins seeds and they were delicious.
Joaquin choose the witch design, which I carved. I think this may be my best carving yet. It also helps that we found a really cool strobe light at the dollar store that alternated different colors.
This is Marco’s pumpkin, which Hector carved. I must add that this is NOT the design Marco wanted but Hector is just not as skilled in pumpkin carving as I am. :) The top part of his design was a disaster, so Marco had to settle with a one-eyed monster. In the end though, he was pleased with the final outcome. Maybe he will get his spooky ghost in the trees next year.
Unfortunately the pumpkins were not meant to be. About a week after carving them we had a hard rain and water got inside the pumpkins. Two days later this is the result… black mold and a mushy mess. Needless to say, they were picked up in the garbage collection the next day.



No comments:
Post a Comment