Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Who doesn't love Rainbow cake?

 

As a faithful subscriber to Family Fun magazine, I decided it was time to try another recipe from this wonderful bunch of glossy paper. We have not fully utilized all the crafty ideas that this mag has to offer, but it is entertaining to look at and think, "now why didn't I think of that", or " I would try that one day" or every so often the "no way in hell would I spend my precious time on that project". But this rainbow cake recipe in honor of St. Patty's Day looked just right for a rainy Tuesday morning. The only downfall is all the dishes you have to clean when you are finished. (but when you are 2 and 4 y.o you don't consider the clean up involved) So of course the boys were all for cake making. I was pleasantly surprised that dry cake mix didn't fly everywhere when they started stirring the batter. But I knew not to get too relaxed, as I would be pulling out the food coloring next. And Joaquin missed out as he abandoned ship too early and didn't get to partake in the bowl-licking like Marco did. The finished product didn't quite turn out like the pictures in the magazine, but that didn't bother Marco one bit as he dove right into his slice. Joaquin must be more particular to perfection as he refused his piece. But not to worry, it didn't go to waste. Marco quickly inhaled Joaquin's rejections.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. That's totally where I stole my idea for Alex's birthday cake from! I used that rainbow cake recipe in the back of the magazine to make the layers. Though I do like the "tie dyed" look Marco and Joaquin came up with!

    ReplyDelete