Monday, March 15, 2010
OUCH!!! That really hurt
Today didn't start off so great, so today might not actually be my "favorite day". But it can only go up from here, right? Started off the morning with NO workout. The plan was to get up at 0530 and head to the gym for an hour workout before Hector left for work. Well, that plan failed as I continued to hit "snooze" on the alarm clock and then finally just turned it off completely. So when I finally woke up at 0800 (thank you boys for playing quietly in the living room and not knocking on my door a thousand times), I decided that I will just work out after breakfast. So as I am doing my morning weigh in (my theory is you should be lightest after sleeping all night, right?), disaster strikes. Although the scale said I should go work out, I guess God had other plans for me as I drop the heavy glass scale right on my big toe. WOW, I haven't experienced that much physical pain in a LONG time. I couldn't even look at it right away, because I was just sure that I had split the dang toe in half. After grabbing the injured toe and hopping around the bedroom trying not to scream obscenities, I finally mustered the courage to look at it. As I watched the deep purple continue to spread under the nail, I decided that applying a little more pressure was needed. After about 10 minutes I am able to gimp into the kitchen and ask the boys what they want for breakfast. A few Tylenol later, I am able to stand on it and semi walk, but I think the evening workout is out of the question. Oh well, there is always tomorrow... I hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment